Las Vegas Partner Don Martin will present, "LLC vs. Corporation: What are the Principal Non-Tax Differences?," at the National Business Institute's LLC or Inc.? Entity Selection for a Small to Medium Sized Business seminar. NBI is one of the largest providers of continuing legal education for professionals.
Monday, December 19, 2011
9:00 am - 10:00 am
- Organizational Structure (Including: Stock vs. Non-Stock; For-Profit vs. Non-Profit; Closely Held vs. Public; Mutual Benefit Corporation; Single Member vs. Many Members; Member Managed vs. Manager Managed; PLLC; Series LLC, etc.)
- Member Control of Assets, Ownership
- Personal Fiscal Responsibility/Liability of the Members
- Investor Attraction
- The Lifetime of the Business Entity
- International Business Ramifications of Using an LLC
- Determining Which Business Structure Fits the Specific Situation Best - Pros and Cons of Using Either
Monday, December 19, 2011
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Gold Coast, Las Vegas
This seminar has been approved for 6 CLE credits, one of which is Ethics.
Custom-Tailor the Business Entity Choice to Each Client's Individual Business Needs
When a client comes to your office aflame with a fantastic new idea for a business, are you ready to offer him sure footing to start out with? How will your knowledge of business entity laws and mechanics stack up when existing business clients ask for your help in restructuring their company? Our engaging course of study offers a detailed comparative analysis of the most popular business entity organizational structures on today's market to help you find the perfect business match for any client. Ensure smooth business operations and continuous tax savings for every client - register today!
- Clearly distinguish between various types of LLCs, corporations and hybrids to determine which fits the specific situation best.
- Know how the "check the box" income tax regulations come into play when forming a business entity.
- Review sample formation documents that you can use in your practice.
- Utilize tax benefits with an understanding of how LLCs are taxed as pass-through entities.
- Organize all the tax-saving, liability-limiting, estate-planning tools into a comprehensive business structure packet for a single business owner.
- Take a detailed look at the "little darling" of business entities - the S Corporation, and learn how to make the best use of the advantages it offers.
- Walk through the process of conversion to an LLC and find out when it isn't the best option.
- Help your clients avoid the legal pitfalls of doing business across state and country borders with these practical tips.
Who Should Attend
- CPAs and Accountants
- Tax Professionals
- Financial Planners
- Enrolled Agents
- LLC vs. a Corporation: What Are the Principal Non-Tax Differences?
- S Corporations in Detail
- The Process of Incorporation vs. LLC Formation
- LLC Tax Consideration
- S Corporation Tax Consideration
- Walking the Ethical Line
To register for the seminar, please click here.