Employers must have properly completed I-9 forms for all employees hired in the U.S. after November 6, 1986. The newly revised I-9 is only required for new hires — not your existing employees. But you must use the new form if one of your workers requires reverification.
In just 90 minutes, you'll get the answers to all your immigration compliance questions, including:
• What is the correct way to fill out the new form?
• What documents are now required by the new I-9 for verifying citizenship?
• What do you do if a document seems suspect?
• What are the dangers of questioning someone’s proof of citizenship?
• What are the dangers of NOT questioning someone’s authorization?
• What’s the change involving the collection of Social Security numbers?
• The new form is supposed to expire on June 30, 2008, so will there be another new form then?
• What’s the latest on the E-Verify program?
• What are the best practices on internal I-9 audits?
• What are the penalties if your I-9s aren’t just right?
• Presented by employment law attorneys Christian Zinn and Anthony L. Martin from Lewis and Roca LLP.
CREDIT INFORMATION: This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).
* Even though the live seminar on this topic has already taken place, you can still hear it! Click here to purchase. *