Lewis and Roca has worked with individuals, organizations and companies in the Southwest, throughout the country and throughout the world to develop and protect rights in intellectual property and technology here and abroad. Lewis and Roca offers clients a full range of technology representation. We successfully and cost effectively guide our clients through the complex issues encountered in this area, enabling them to obtain and keep a competitive advantage.
Lewis and Roca's Intellectual Property and Technology Practice Group provides a broad range of services and experience to firm clients in technology including:
- Negotiating and drafting a full range of computer technology agreements, including custom software development deals, licensing, acquisition and sale agreements, and outsourcing agreements.
- Negotiating and drafting employment-related agreements, including full employment agreements, work-for-hires, non-disclosure and assignment of rights agreements, non-competition agreements, and outside consultant agreements.
- Representation of technology companies in financing transactions and all other corporate legal needs.
- Multi-media clearance of online content.
- Negotiating and drafting web hosting, subscription, application service provider and other on-line agreements.
- Drafting of online privacy and other policies.
- Securing copyright in computer software.
- Litigation of technology contract disputes.
Cybersecurity and Cyberliability
- Conducting computer information systems audits and assessments of threats and vulnerability to unauthorized access (hacking), viruses, data loss or theft.
- Counseling clients in cost effective approaches to protecting their systems from cybersecurity and cyberliability risks.
- Counseling clients in compliance of information systems with state and federal laws and regulations (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, HIPAA, etc.)
- Litigation of cybersecurity and cyberliability claims.